Biomag2022 will be held at the University of Birmingham.
Founded in 1900, this was the UK’s first civic university, where students from all religions and backgrounds were accepted on an equal basis. Today, it continues in the same innovative spirit as a World Top 100 University and a leading research institution.
The University of Birmingham has a strong research community dedicated to human brain imaging. Recently the university established the Centre for Human Brain Health, which is conducting research on cognitive and clinical human neuroscience. The centre houses state-of-the-art brain imaging equipment, including a new MEGIN MEG system and an OPM laboratory.
Biomag2022 events will all be held on the central campus, in the original redbrick Aston Webb Building on Chancellor’s Court, including the Great Hall, the Bramall and a marquee.
Whilst the main conference sessions will be based in the Aston Webb and Bramall building, the main hub of the conference will be based in the Green Heart Marquee where you will find the registration desk, exhibitors, poster boards and all conference catering.
You can use our interactive campus map or download a pdf copy here.
Green Heart Marquee
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
The marquee is situated on the grass between the buildings marked R30 and R34, in the red zone on our campus map.
Free Wi-Fi will be available.
Biomag2022 and sustainability
The organisers are committed to creating a sustainable, positive, environmentally-friendly conference.
- Healthy options like fresh fruit, reducing plastic waste from individually-wrapped snacks
- Recycling bins for paper and food waste
- Conference app, helping to reduce the amount of paper at the conference
The organisers are working towards a number of other initiatives to improve conference sustainability. Please support us by making your travel as sustainable as possible.
View our Getting Here guidance
University of Birmingham and sustainability
Research at the University is already pioneering efforts to create sustainable cities of the future, preserving water and tackling air pollution. This is reflected in everyday campus activity.
One of the benefits of holding your event on a busy University campus is the infrastructure already in place to support sustainable living.
- Security patrol in electric vehicles
- Electric vehicle charging points on campus
- Easy access to all venues via University station
- Mugs or reusable cups for coffee breaks
- No single-use plastics at any bars on campus
- Eco-cups available across campus
- Glass bottles of filtered water at meetings
Managing food waste
- Food waste sent to anaerobic digestion to create energy
- Coffee grounds recycled to create fuel logs
- When used, disposable plates and cutlery are biodegradable
Reducing paper consumption
- Online maps and event guides
- Digital signage