There are currently no restrictions in the UK, however the Biomag Organising Committee, has put the below code of conduct in place.
Biomag 2022 code of conduct:
This code of conduct is in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment for all in-person attendees of Biomag 2022. As stakeholders of the event, we all have a role to play in the mitigation of risks.
Before Leaving Home:
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority
- Check and follow UK government issued travel restrictions and guidance so you are prepared for your arrival
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the event organisers if you have concerns
- Stay home if you feel unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19 (all attendees will have access to the virtual event platform)
- Where possible please test yourself using an lateral flow test before arriving in Birmingham
On-site During the Event:
- Follow UK government guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash
- If required, agree to wear a mask or facial covering, unless exempt
- If required, adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organisers and respect others’ personal space
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19, report to the registration desk and leave immediately
Please note that this may be adapted in the run up to the conference if UK government guidance changes.